The common problem with data insights
For data insights to deliver real business value, they must be relevant, actionable, and well adopted. But many businesses struggle with an over-abundance of reports and dashboards, many of which are seldom used, or are used ineffectively.
The consequences of this are worse than having no data insights at all. The decisions you make and the actions you take are not fully supported by accurate data, despite your business pouring time and investment into trying to use data insights to become more data-driven.
Our data insights accelerator
We blast away the fog around your data insights by reducing or rationalising the number of reports and dashboards in your business, whilst also ensuring that they are fully adopted and applied by your business’s people, so that more decisions and actions are better supported by accurate data.
People in your business will feel more informed about what data insights are available, and will be confidently able to use them quickly and effectively. Business projects will no longer be delayed by debates about what data insights are right and how they will work.
The benefit of your KPIs, reports and dashboards will be more tangible and measurable, because it will be simple for everyone to see how they drive the business to achieve its goals.
Overall, you’ll have accurate and easy-to-understand maps of what data insights your business has, and how to use them. This will enable you to establish an enterprise information standard to govern which reports and dashboards are quality-controlled as part of your business’s ‘insights backbone’, and which need to be treated with caution as non-standard reports.
How our data insights accelerator works
We take the guesswork out of defining KPIs and reporting, by formulating data insights architectures which precisely map what KPIs, analytics and reporting are both relevant to your business’s goals, and also effective in driving their achievement.
- We review your business’s goals, to pinpoint how data insights will deliver value.
- We assess your business processes, to quantify how your data insights must perform.
- We document a high-level definition of data insights requirements.
- We define the KPIs that will measure performance of your business in achieving its goals.
- We specify the data analyses that will unpack the root-cause stories behind your KPIs.
- We set out ranges of business reports that will inform highly effective insight-driven actions.
- We transfer knowledge to the technical people who will create and support the data insights, and the business people who will use the data insights.
Why use our data insights accelerator?
Make data insights relevant
It guarantees that your KPIs and reports will be relevant to your business’s goals and processes, by visibly demonstrating how your data insights will drive your processes to achieve your goals.
Standardise data analytics
It’s a simple and repeatable method which quickly becomes a part of ‘how the business does data’, so providing an essential layer of data capability.
Make data insights actionable
It drives up the adoption and RoI of your data insights, by ensuring your data insights are directly linked to your business’s goals, and by providing people with clear information about how they need to use those data insights. We take the guesswork out of data value.
Previous data insights accelerator clients
What you get from our data insights accelerator
- Data insights architecture diagrams, visualising how your KPIs, analyses and reports link to your business’s strategic goals.
- Supporting documentation which explains how to use and further develop your data insights architecture.
- Presentation and communication materials, to drive business uptake and engagement.
- Data insights use cases and user stories, to inform and facilitate development of new KPIs, reports and data analyses.
- Perpetual access to your own private client portal.